Cocoa Nib Crunchies
I discovered a version of these at a local chocolatier and played around with a couple of recipes to land this one. These cocoa nib crunchies will taste awesome over your favorite ice cream, yogurt or even a salad.
Did you know that the cocoa nibs are where all of the nutritional value come from in cocoa? The antioxidants and the mood lifters are jammed in these beautiful little nibs. Whole Foods has them for sure, but try to check out some of the smaller, independent chocolate and natural markets if you can.
- 1 cup superfine sugar (wizz your sugar in a blender for about 30 seconds)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 3/4 cup cocoa nibs
- Mix water and sugar together over medium high heat until boiling. Add the nibs and stir til all nibs are evenly coated. Let cook for about 10 or so minutes. Mixture will get thick and will start looking a little sandy (when all of the moisture is gone).
- Remove from heat and stir for about a minute.
- Pour over parchment paper and let cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container like a cool jar!